Friday, September 11, 2009
The First six years of Life
I do agree with the statement, "to a large extent, your self-concept is formed by what others tell you about yourself, especially during the formative years of childhood." The reason I believe this statement is, because most children look up to elders as an example. By showing children at a young age to be polite, and respectful to other people, they will keep these traits throughout their entire life. By reminding a child that he or she did something good and encourage that behavior then they will continue doing so, to receive positive reinforcement. One of the things that I was taught at a young age is to say please and thank you. To this day I say please and thank you for everything. Simply because that is how I was raised and because it feels good to be polite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment